G.S.R. (E). – In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 5A of the Central Excise Act, 1944 (1 of 1944), the Central Government, being satisfied that it is necessary in the public interest so to do, hereby makes the following further amendmentsin the notification of the Government of India in the Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue), No. 1/2011- Central Excise, dated the 1st March, 2011 published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i), vide G.S.R. 116(E), dated the 1st March, 2011, namely:
The following amendments are made in the previous notification dated 1st March, 2011 (which stated that the goods therein were exempted from excise duty as is in excess of the amount calculated at the rate of 1% ad valorem) in the following -
- Gloves specially designed for use in sports is INSERTED (in S.No. 51A).
- Writing or printing paper for printing of educational textbooks is OMITTED (in S.No. 63).
- Polyester staple fibre or polyester filament yarn manufactured from plastic scrap or plastic waste including waste polyethylene terephthalate bottles is INSERTED (in S.No. 70A).
- Attachable to the body word is added to “Sewing machines other than those with inbuilt motors” (in S.No. 97).
- Recorded smart cards is OMITTED (in S.No 104).